From the 9-18th July 2021, we invited cyclists to join our second virtual cycling sportif to support and fundraise for UpsnDowns. With last year's virtual sportif being such a huge success, the pressure was on!
With a lot of uncertainty surrounding Covid-19 restrictions and government guidelines, the sportif organisers opted to stick to the virtual format again this year, inviting individual cyclists, families and children to join us and cycle some miles for UpsnDowns.
The weather was very warm as was the competition against other cycling events taking place at the same time. However, we managed to raised a record-breaking £12,000 this year with 98 riders, some incredible fundraising and some very generous sponsors.
A special mention goes to the following people:
- Charlie Cockburn and his family cycled 74 miles and raised £1200.
- ATA Garryson employees cycled a combined 1400 miles raising over £1400.
- Donna McAvoy, one of our parents, cycled 200 miles on her training bike. She has never cycled this far in her life, until now!
- Steve Hunkin, another parent, raised £1140 and cycled 335 miles.
- John Hewitt raised £1730 and cycled 359 miles.
- Team Fighting Fit raised over £300.
Special thanks goes to our incredibly generous and loyal sponsors:
Steve Holliday, Ki-Tran, AFP Services, Higgins, Howdens, Snowdon Homes Ltd, ATA, Gibbs & Dandy, DCS, & Harlow Timber Systems.
The biggest 'thank you' goes to the wonderful Riding for UpsnDowns Committee, who dedicate many hours of their free time to organise this hugely successful annual fundraising event. We are eternally grateful for your support.
We look forward to 2022 when hopefully we can revert back to our one-day sportif, starting and finishing at the Earls Barton Cricket Club.